Give Yourself a 5 minute Mental Break
Over the course of the next week, when you feel your stress level beginning to rise, stop what you're doing and take a 5 minute emergency mental break. Below is a simple meditation to help you relax and focus on the present moment.
1. Sit in a comfortable position.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Clear all thoughts from your mind.
4. Take slow deep breaths.
5. Focus your mind on the sensations that come from breathing.
6. If your mind begins to wander, bring your focus back to your breathing.
7. Try this for 5 minutes before continuing what you were doing.