Wake Up and Pushup
Over the next week, try doing 10 pushups right after getting out of bed in the morning. Notice the energy you get from waking your muscles up and getting your blood flowing. Remember, you can scale these to your ability.
From easiest version to hardest version:
- Push off of a wall
- Push off of an elevated object like a dresser
- Push off a chair
- Pushup from the floor on your knees
- Pushup from the floor
Essentials of pushup form:
- Place your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart
- Keep your feet together, with glutes squeezed and legs straight
- Maintain neutral spine, making sure your spine, from neck to hips, is not flexed, extended, or twisted
- Shoulders should be in a vertical line above the wrists in the up position
- Keep your elbows close to your body as you lower yourself
- Try to move your body straight up and down when performing the pushup
As 10 pushups becomes easier, try increasing to a harder version or increasing the amount of reps.
Check out the video under "Push" for more instruction.